07 January, 2013

200 Years Of Pride & Prejudice

January 28, 2013 marks the 200th anniversary of Pride & Prejudice's publication in three volumes.

I am excited because I  have chosen to use P&P as my re-read for the month of January.

I know, I already did a Jane marathon on my birthday, but I feel it is a good idea to go ahead and do it yet again.  

While I am reading, I will probably watch the movies again and have a rousing good time doing so.

I think we should celebrate!!  

Pride & Prejudice was originally First Impressions as everyone knows, but was edited and changed after the success of Sense & Sensibility and finally published in 1813 in three volumes, later, it would be published as a full novel...

So, Jane, we celebrate the publication with you, even if you didn't publish under your own name at the time, it was still YOURS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment