03 January, 2013

My Jane Austen Birthday

This Saturday is my birthday.

What does this have to do with Jane Austen?  Well...the truth is I am spending the entire weekend with her.

Yes, who better to spend my 43rd birthday with than Jane Austen?  

I will pick one of her books to read and have a movie marathon that will include Pride & Prejudice (yes Colin IS invited).  One of my favorites!!

Then add in a little Sense and Sensibility, a la Andrew Davies....yes folks, I am a huge fan of his versions of Jane's works!!  Gotta love a man who isn't afraid to put Mr. Darcy in a wet shirt and make him simulate an erection or show him in a hot bath...ohhh my!! ~fans herself~

I will also watch my favorite version of Persuasion and Emma along with Jane Austen Regrets, Lost In Austen and maybe get my hands on some other Jane related stuff just to make my birthday one special day!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment