05 July, 2011

Sharon Lathan, The Darcy Saga Part 1

Sharon Lathan began her love for  Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice after coming out of a movie theatre in 2005 enraptured by Matthew McFadyen and Kiera Knightly's rendition of of the book.

What started out as a fun idea for this pediatric nurse soon became an obsession that she soon titled The Darcy Saga...and a whole new world was opened up for her.

I "met" Ms. Lathan online in my Diana Gabaldon forum as her book was getting ready to be published by Sourcebooks, and I found myself friends-of sorts with a very lovely and fun lady.

Sharon's first novel, Mr & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy was enchanting and romantic, a new beginning for the young couple after the fighting and the admission of love.  She spins a wonderful tale of the "Happily Ever After" sort for fans and friends alike without the need to go find an 18th century dictionary or feeling like we are on the outside of the entire world.

I am dreadfully behind in this series and not for lack of trying to get to the rest of it, but I do plan to add my reviews of the rest of the books soon.

I feel that Ms. Lathan should be recognized here as a wonderful author and a nice friend if you ever saw one!

Thank you for giving us another idea of happily ever after Sharon!

No comments:

Post a Comment