23 June, 2011

The Gamekeeper's Lady By Ann Lethbridge

I had concidered for some time now doing some reviews on Regency Romances, but until now I have not had the opportunity.  Since this is a blog about my time in this lovely world and Jane Austen's world as well, I thought it would be appropriate to do so.


Since I am reading Ms. Austen's work, I thought that reading modern fiction as well as the Jane Austen re-writes, prequels and sequels along with movies based off the works and the time period would be a nice direction to help me get to where I am in need of going.  What better way to do so than doing what I do best: review!


I have never really read many Regency Romance Novels.  I had never thought that they would be that interesting until I picked up Ann Lethbridge's The Gamekeeper's Wife.


The Gamekeeper's Lady 


As the description on Ms. Lethbridge's page states, it is a lovely take on Cinderella, and quite enchanting to read.  I couldn't put this down. I fell instantly in love with Lord Robert and Frederica.  Two flawed and beautiful souls who are wonderful.


I love the way the story was written, it seemed to flow very well and each character was as great as the next.


I do  have her next book in the Rakes In Disgrace series, More Than A Mistress, and I am looking forward to spending some quality time in this one as well.


I plan to go back and get the rest of Ann's books in the future, since I am now officially a fan!


I also have Mary Balogh, Sabrina Jeffries,  and Juliet London and many others in my list of To Reads so hopefully, intersperced with Jane Austen will be these lovely authors along with Austen Authors like Sharon Lathan to get through very soon.  


~Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment